Monday, April 6, 2009

Painting #3

So I read today that you are not really an artist until you have done at least 50 paintings... so 3 down and 47 to go. So if you have any ideas or objects to inspire me... please send them my way. If you inspire a painting and like it, I'll give it to you! If not, someone else may claim it or I'll just paint over it and try again!! Pretty simple! No hard feelings!!

So the 3rd painting was inspired by my cousin Marcie. She envisioned an ever growing oak tree. Well after attempting many oak trees... this is the end product. (Note: NOT an oak tree!)
The original had roots growing from the heart. As in saying that strong, beautiful, and wonderful things can grow from love.





But I didn't like the look of the roots so I took them out. This is the tentative end product.

The red is still a little wet so it will dry a little bit darker and a may add a few final touches.

Update: Received an email from Marcie & Chris Buckle:
Approved! ;
We like it!! Of course Chris says you must sign and date it!
I love that you took my conceptual idea and expressed it in your own way…now THAT’s an artist!
Love you much dear!
Marcie

So the "Growing Heart" is taken!
More to come!

No comments: