Thursday, November 27, 2008

More, More, More... Books!

Well as most of you may know, I finished the Twilight Series and went to see the movies with Ashley & Danielle. The movie was.. pretty bad. But it was still great! I love this story so much, I would have went to see it if the movie budget was $100. I hear they will be making the Sequels. Yay!

So once I finished Twilight, I was finding that I had a lot of free time...and wanted to fill that void with a new book.
I have read a few books since Twilight.. most were purchased because of a suggestion *See What we Are Reading section<--). There hasn't been anything that has hooked me like Twilight..
So I started looking for Vampire books thinking, "Maybe I really just like vampires". So I found a new Vampire book called House of Night...AND it's a series.
I think its not the vampires.. (Although I do like reading about vampires because they don't scare me anymore!). Its the fact that once I rush through the book (cuz if its good, I WILL rush), there is more to the story in the next book. I think a series allows the author and reader to get more details about the story, plot, and characters.

So the House of Night series has published 4 out of the 9 books that will be in the series. I've read 2 so far (and 2 more or in the mail heading from Barnes & Nobles). I have heard they may be making this one into a movie as well?!?!
The next series that I will be reading is another Vampire series which the HBO/Showtime show True Blood was taken from. I've heard the show is great, so I'll have to buy the Season later.

And if you haven't signed up for a Barnes & Nobles membership, you should. Members get GREAT online discounts and free shipping. (There was my pitch for the day)

PS. I baked some Turkey Day cupcakes, so pictures coming soon!

No comments: